Conversion rate optimization (CRO)
Conversion rate optimization (CRO)
Most marketers tend to spend most of their time, money, and resources on increasing clicks and traffic to their websites, thinking that's all there is to it. But the point is that generating interest is the first step in search engine optimization (SEO) and digital marketing. The real challenge is turning these clicks and traffic into profits. This is where conversion rate optimization comes in.
Conversion rate optimization, or CRO, is the systematic process of testing and optimizing elements of your website, including call-to-action (CTA) buttons, content, and website design, to increase the percentage of visitors who complete a desired goal.
Conversion rate optimization criteria and goals
CRO goals and criteria are different for each brand. Depending on your marketing needs and goals, there are several conversion rate optimization goals you can set for your business, including:
- Sharing on social networks
- Fill out the form
- Installing the program
- Click on the request action button
- Sign up for the newsletter
Decide what you want to achieve with website conversion rate optimization, understand your audience's needs, and then launch a conversion rate marketing campaign to attract people who take the action you want.
Design and improve user experience
Designing and improving the user experience in optimizing the conversion rate is one of the important factors for increasing sales and customer satisfaction. User experience or UX refers to the feelings and reactions of users towards a product, service, website, or software. UX design includes the processes of research, analysis, design, prototyping, and testing. Some effective ways to improve UX to optimize conversion rates include:
- Reducing the number of form fields
- Responsive website design
- Enter contact information and contact us
- Add social proof
Improving SEO to optimize conversion rates is one of the most effective ways to increase sales and user satisfaction. SEO helps you to be seen in search engines and get higher organic traffic. SEO also makes your website user-friendly and converts visitors into customers. Among the actions that are taken to improve the SEO of the site include the following:
- Responsive website design
- Optimizing website content for search engines
- Optimizing the technical factors of the website
- Creating appropriate internal and external links
Improved loading speed
Improving website loading speed to optimize conversion rates is one of the most effective CRO methods that can increase traffic, customers, and revenue. To do this, you can use the following ways:
- Using website speed testing tools such as Google PageSpeed Insights
- Reduce the size of image files
- Caching web pages means storing a static version of pages in the server's temporary memory
Optimization of forms
Optimizing site forms to optimize conversion rate is one of the methods that can increase the number of leads, memberships, purchases, and any other desired action you want from visitors. To do this, you can use the following ways:
- Reduce the number of form fields: The fewer the form fields, the more likely the visitor will fill it out.
- Add a clear and attractive title and description to the form so that the visitor understands why they should fill out the form and how they will benefit from it.
- Beautiful and professional design for the form to influence the visitor's opinion
Conduct A/B testing
A/B testing for conversion rate optimization is a scientific and experimental method by which you can test different changes on your website and see which changes increase the conversion rate. To perform an A/B test, you must go through the following steps:
- First, you need to collect and analyze data related to user behavior using website analytics tools.
- Then, based on the data and user comments, you should come up with a hypothesis to solve the problem.
- In this step, you should design two versions or variants of the page or element you want. A version A or Original, which is the current version of the page, and a version B, which is the new version of the page.
- Then, using the appropriate tool, simultaneously show two versions A and B to random groups of visitors and measure the performance of both using appropriate indicators.
- At this stage, you should analyze the test results using appropriate statistical methods identify the winning variable, and apply it permanently to your website.
Data analysis in conversion rate optimization is a process by which you can understand how users deal with your website, what problems and challenges they have, what needs and expectations they have from you, and what factors cause conversion or non-conversion. It becomes them. By analyzing the data, you can identify the strengths and weaknesses of your website and make the necessary changes based on them to improve the performance of the website.
You can use different tools to analyze data in conversion rate optimization. Some of these tools are Google Analytics, SurveyMonkey, and Hotjar.
Improving the content to optimize the conversion rate is one of the effective ways to increase the number of users who buy from your website, become a member, fill out a form or any other action you have in mind. By improving the content, you can show the value of your offer to users, win their trust, overcome their objections, and lead them to your goal.
There are several techniques you can use to improve your content to optimize conversion rates. Some of these techniques include:
- Use attractive titles and descriptions
- Using high-quality photos and videos
- Producing fluent, simple, and understandable texts
Benefits of conversion rate optimization
Conversion rate optimization has many benefits for online businesses. Some of the key benefits of conversion rate optimization include:
- Increase user engagement: Conversion rate optimization makes website visitors better interact with your content, offers and invitations, and as a result, they are more likely to convert. a
- More return on investment: Conversion rate optimization leads to an increase in conversion rate, which means you earn more profit for each visitor or marketing spend. This will help you reduce your costs and increase your efficiency.
- User Insights: Optimizing conversion rates using data collection methods such as analytics, surveys, user testing, etc., gives you valuable information about needs, behaviors, Effective factors and barriers to user conversion. This insight will help you to make your strategies better and respond to users' expectations.
- Increasing customer trust: Optimizing the conversion rate by improving factors such as design, content, security, comments and recommendations, social stability makes users feel a higher sense of trust in you. . This trust makes users cooperate with you more, buy from you and even introduce you to their friends.
- MScalability: Scalability means that you can increase the number of your customers without having to increase your costs. . Optimizing the conversion rate allows you to get more out of your existing traffic and less need to attract new traffic. This will help you win against other businesses while controlling your costs.
Conversion rate optimization steps
Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data about visitors, their behavior, needs and problems
Presenting the hypothesis in a specific and measurable way based on the data collected in the previous step to improve the conversion rate
Prioritizing the hypotheses based on the impact on the conversion rate using different methods
Hypothesis testing using laboratory methods such as A/B test, split test or multivariate test
Analyzing the results of the tests to check the rejection or confirmation of the hypothesis presented to improve the conversion rate